Golf Cart Batteries typically last 4 to 5 years if properly maintained.|
The following maintenance steps will prolong a golf cart batteries life drastically.
- Check water level of each cell periodically.
- The lead plates in each cell should be covered by water.
- When adding water, use only distilled water.
- State of Charge of the cells should be checked with a Hydrometer.
- Check tightness of nuts on battery posts periodically.
- Cables that are not tightened down properly can create heat.
- This heat can often times be sufficient enough to melt the lead posts.
- Loose cables are a serious hazard, as they create sparks, which can cause an explosion.
- Keep Terminals clean of corrosion.
- Corrosion will normally be white or green, and appear around your battery terminals.
- Use our Battery Cleaner Spray or a mixture of water and baking soda to remove corrosion.
- Dull terminal connections can also create problems, we recommend the use of a wire brush to create that shiny, great connection.
- Incorrect charging methods may also reduce the life of your batteries.
- Heat is produced internally in the battery when being charged, if a battery is charged too long, this heat can be detrimental to the batteries health.
- It is ok to leave your batteries on charge overnight, but not while you are on a week vacation.
- Driving a golf cart to the end of the driveway and back does not merrit an overnight charge. Golf Cart batteries should be discharged to half capacity before recharging.